Yesterday was kinda nuts. Our pastor, Mark Aduddell, had a generator and an idea: hardwire the garage to the generator so we could get a car out. We loaded up the generator and some curious church staff and headed to the house. With the staff standing a safe 30 feet away and me nervously handling tools to Mark as he knelt by our breaker panel, we made a connection and started the generator. I pushed the opener and up came the door. We then ran an extension cord down the basement steps to the furnace and plugged it in. Nothing. Our furnace would fire up and then shut right back off. We made several more attempts before giving up and heading out.
Two hours later, my neighbor calls and tells me the power is on. I'm thinking what does it matter if I have power but my furnace is busted? I rush home after work to check on the house. Sure enough, power is on. Praise the Lord!!! I figure it's worth a shot to check the furnace again while I'm there. I plug it in and it works! I leave for the Christmas party and we return home to our warm and cozy house and sleep in our own bed for the first time since Sunday. It was awesome!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Power to the People!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good post.
Post a Comment